Well now, I see some explanations are in order.
1. I once got a Sixlet candy stuck in my nose. Karen a sixlet is Skittles' chocolate cousin. Admittedly not my brightest moment. But hey these things happen, right?
2. My favorite ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip. Why ruin perfectly good chocolate and perfectly good ice cream with MINT? Mint is for mouthwash, toothpaste, breathe mints and gum. BTW-I don't have a favorite ice cream flavor.
3. I thought that Donna, Steve, Kelly, Dillion, David, Brandon & Brenda were my friends too. Okay, so I watched 90210, (as some of you apparently did also) and I turned out okay.
4. I am a closet Rosie fan. My insecure side wants to recant this statement, but I'll file this under "keeping it real". I'll admit that using the word "fan" here was maybe what threw you all, and obviously not the best descriptor. A more accurate statement would have been "Rosie makes me laugh". It's kind of a shock-and-awe type of fascination. You know you should look away, but you just can't. I think that it is not only okay, but somewhat healthy to be able to laugh at that which scares us. As much as I vehemently disagree with her at least she is clear about what she believes in, making us similar in that she too is "keeping it real". I do not watch "The View" because I have 999 things I'd rather be doing at 10:00AM weekdays and I don't enjoy being irritated and offended unnecessarily when I have plenty of real life things to offend and irritate me. Enough said. (A round of applause to Ginger for being so perceptive on this one and to Teresa for being so honest- any wonder that we're friends?!)
5. I love water but hate getting my head wet. No mom, I don't mean in the shower! I was referring to swimming...again, sorry for the lack of clarity. Yes, I love to be in the water with my kids, I just hate getting my hair wet and getting water in my eyes (it's the contacts thing)...Chad laughs at me every time we go because I get a disgusted look on my face with every splash from the kids.
6. I didn't learn to do laundry until I was in college. Blame my mom.
7. I make a whole pot of coffee every morning but most days throw out half of it after lunch. You just never know what kind of day it's going to be. I'd hate to make only a 1/2 pot and have it be a 9 alarm caffeine day.
8. The last Democrat I voted for lost. I vote issues not parties. (Again, let's hear it for Ginger) Consider it a public service if you are a registered Democrat that I don't vote this way more often. Apparently I am not a good luck charm for the Democratic party.
9. I dislike popcorn a great deal but will still eat it if it's put in front of me. I don't think I've ever uttered the words, "Let's make some popcorn." I really can't stand the stuff. Yet when it's made I can force down a few dry pieces as long as it's washed down with a beer. Carmel, cheese, chocolate popcorn...that's entirely different!
10. I knew the words to all of NKOTB's music. Pretty much loved the N.ew K.ids O.n T.he B.lock when I was in middle school. Thank God these phases pass.
Congratulations to those of you who guessed accurately (Teresa, Shane, Elizabeth, Anonymous & Mom).
Don't be expecting anything in the mail...just a little recognition on the blog will have to do!
22 comments:
I thought you were so cool. But now I find out you don't like mint chocolate chip ice cream?????? It's only the best ice cream flavor ever invented! :)
Thanks for the fun post!
sorry to cheat :) But to be fair i don't know you that well and you commented on my blog about rosie before and also have agreed on a lot of my "political issues" :) so that is all I had to go on.
I PERSONALLY HATE MINT ICE CREAM and for the exact same reasons. :) more in common.
Oh bummer, I thought I had it in the bag.
You always come up with some very creative posts - makes it fun.
That was a good post, Heidi. I really want to serenade you with more New Kids lyrics, but I'll fight the urge. :)
You had me guessing so much I couldn't respond to your query. That's why I stayed on the shore whilst all you waded-in.
I like how you disected (sp?) each of your statements, defending even the more controversial one(s). In the famous words of Popeye ...
You is what you is (well, actually it was 'I am what I am, and that's all that I am. I'm Popeye the sailor man'. But, who want's to date themselves (ahem).
U.A.
#10 is true? N-o-o-o-o-o-o ....
Turtle, were you taking notes on that one?
Darn - Oh well. Now I know who to sing Hangin Tough with at karaoke ;)
Just Mom,
Oh yes. That one and more.
Heidi, this is what I find facinating about you. Just when I think I have you figured out I find out I still have a long way to go.
Loved the post. May have to try it myself one of these day. Your brain is young and whitty. I would have to do some big time thinking to be so creative.
Fun post!
Oh man...I'm ALWAYS right, just ask Corey.
I can't beleive I was wrong...
Well I've learned a lot about you and just in general. I now know what a sixlet is...honestly have never heard of it! I knew you were a Rosie fan and/or liked her...I get it!
Thanks for the explanation on NKOTB and 90210....know of them, never listened or watched. Remember I have a few years on ya.
As far as the ice cream....I can do Mint Choc. chip...its the chocolate and peanut butter ones I don't get!
I'll leave the politics for another time....wink!
Well, I'm glad that you were' giving out a prize cuz then the pressure would have been on BIG TIME! I love the picture of you with the 90210 over on Turtle's blog. BAHAHAHAH!!
weren't*
So I want to know when you started doing Week-end Posts? If it wasn't that your mom was here I wouldn't have even checked your blog. I can't believe I am so out of the loop. Mom did always love you more (oh wait this isn't theropy).
I must say I was right, but other than mom, who should know you better. (no offense Chad).
I don't want to invade but I must say that your blog is much more interesting than my e-mail so I plan to continue checking in. The only way to stop me now is to become much less interesting.
You rock Hide!
Hey at least I'm 'ligit, even if I can't spell "therapy". Wait is that how you spell "legit"?
I'm the same way with getting my head wet in the pool, lake or a shower. I'm so worried about getting water in my eyes because I wear contacts 24/7. My friends and family laugh at me saying if I close my eyes they won't fall out. Whatever!
Btw - I love chocolate and peanut butter ice cream combined! YUM!!!
Mint choc chip ice cream...icky!! I have to agree!!
LOVED, LOVED New Kids on the Block. I might even still have a TAPE of theirs. YES, A TAPE!! Crazy stuff!
I enjoyed 90210 also...
Now I feel so smart . When your Uncle Danny and I discussed your blog the other day . I said I thought it was the ice cream. He thought it was laundry. But I seemed to remember some thing about that.
oh yeah, oh yeah, i was right, i was right!!!
well, actually, i just figured your brother knew you best so i followed his example and voted against the mint ice-cream! was that cheating? :0)
and also, i don't like mint ice-cream either and i really wanted you to be cool like me. kidding!!
don't know what's gotten into me today--must be that 1/2 pot of coffee!
What a very fun post!!! I loved learning all these things about you. You are fun!
Post a Comment