I personally don't tan in booths. A long time ago I was always harping on Corey to quit chewing tobacco because it causes cancer. He fired back at me that I should quit tanning in the tanning booth because that causes cancer. So I quit tanning and he quick chewing!
Hi - I have been reading your blog lately and I thought I would finally post a comment.
I am a tannin bed user. I find it so relaxing to tan and it is kind of my alone time. I know it can be harmful but so are a lot of other bad habits that I don't have so her is my one!
I don't tan even when I go to a tanning booth! I envy those with the nice dark skin while mine is glowing! Love the new look! Where do you find the layouts for your blog? I would love to redo mine but can't find a cute one!
"To have a size D-cup or not to have a size D-cup"
I tan a little in the winter to help with the old SAD effect, but I'll pay triple the money if I can come out of the bed with a chest and a waist like the gals on your blog! LOL!
I will do some tanning before going somewhere tropical, just so I don't fry my skin on vacation. Otherwise, I am not a fan of the tanning bed. I have found a really good self tanner that I use all summer long. It looks natural and is much safer. (Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer...in case anyone was wondering)
I don't use the tanning beds much either. I've only used them for prom, our wedding, when I went on a trip to Hawaii and etc. I just spend tons of time outdoors and at the swimming pool in the summer. That gives me a tan.
I do tan from time to time. I bought a 5 session package in November just to get some color. However, I ended up pregnant before I used all five sessions.
I love to tan. I do it more than just before vacations - especially since I never go on any. It is so relaxing that I have fallen asleep in there a time or two. Even if I didn't get tan I'd probably still go just because it's warm and it's time by myself. I also do it to help clear up my skin from time to time.
Oh, I forgot to mention - I love the new blog makeover. It's a great new spring look. I checked out the site but I think I'll wait for a while and just keep trying to tweek mine with font colors and pictures.
i am torn. i know that it is not a completely safe thing to do, but no sun exposure is 'good' for you. too much caffeine isn't good for me either...but as of yet, i'm unable to give it up.
but i must say that tan fat looks better than white fat. and i do enjoy the few minutes of laying there feeling the warmth of the fake sunshine...
I too use Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer...this stuff is amazing! I used to tan in a booth & outside, but since I'm getting older, I sure don't need help looking older than I am...wrinkles and whatever else could damage my skin. Try Jergens, it’s worth it!!!
I have the Jergens stuff too~ and just tried the new Dove stuff this week(same idea). I like the scent of the Dove even better.
They are way better than they used to be and I don't think they make your skin look orange anymore, either.
I wouldn't mind tanning occasionally in a booth, but slapping on Jergens lotion at night requires no one to watch the kids, and it's cheaper, so that's what I do.
That's what I tell my husband..... tan fat looks better than white fat! I used to do it quite a bit but haven't for the last 3 years. For the longest time I couldn't understand how people could fall asleep in them. Then it FINALLY happened to me. Maybe I'll start using them sometime again, maybe I won't.
But.....I am a sun worshipper. Every chance I get, I'm in the sun working on my tan! And I tan really easy! When I was younger people thought I was Native American because I got so dark. In the summer, the kids and I go to the pool several times a week. That's why I'll probably take this summer off again because I don't want to miss out on that!
you know i love sun, i tend to look too green/olive without it, but the last 4-5 winters I just can't get into tanning. not in a self-righteous way. It's just i see so many girls here in ohio looking so tan in the winter and it just looks out of place. so i tend to go au naturale. sun for summer. Fortunately, if there is sun out i tend to absorb it okay.
I quit after I got pregnant with Nathan. I heard a statistic saying that you are 50% more likely to get cancer by using a bed. If I planned to increase my risk for cancer I wouldn't have quit smoking.
When Tracy got sick with her blood disorder we thought she had cancer. I couldn't stop thinking that Caymen might not get to know her mom. Being tan wasn't worth the risk for me.
I do agree that tan fat is better than white fat, however, for me the risk of cancer is totally not worth it.
You stole my saying...it is the twins separate at birth thing or great minds think alike one of the two. "Tan fat is better than white fat". Although I go with the latter due to time and money.
23 comments:
What's with the half-naked chicks? I thought this was a family blog. ;-)
To answer your question ... do what makes you happy.
I personally don't tan in booths. A long time ago I was always harping on Corey to quit chewing tobacco because it causes cancer. He fired back at me that I should quit tanning in the tanning booth because that causes cancer.
So I quit tanning and he quick chewing!
Hi - I have been reading your blog lately and I thought I would finally post a comment.
I am a tannin bed user. I find it so relaxing to tan and it is kind of my alone time. I know it can be harmful but so are a lot of other bad habits that I don't have so her is my one!
Have a good one!
Love your new "look". The blog looks GREAT!
As for tanning ... I'm only a bed user when I'm going on vacation (and Spring Break in the Dells didn't count) ... OBVIOUSLY! LOL!
Even though I'm not a habitual bed user ... I do bask in the sun every chance I get. I know it's not good for me ... but, ya know ... what the heck?
I don't tan even when I go to a tanning booth! I envy those with the nice dark skin while mine is glowing! Love the new look! Where do you find the layouts for your blog? I would love to redo mine but can't find a cute one!
"To have a size D-cup or not to have a size D-cup"
I tan a little in the winter to help with the old SAD effect, but I'll pay triple the money if I can come out of the bed with a chest and a waist like the gals on your blog! LOL!
I will do some tanning before going somewhere tropical, just so I don't fry my skin on vacation. Otherwise, I am not a fan of the tanning bed. I have found a really good self tanner that I use all summer long. It looks natural and is much safer. (Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer...in case anyone was wondering)
Loving the new look of your blog!
:( I can't see the picture
Heidi, how long have you been doing modeling for tanning adds? You look maaaavaluuuussss darling!
I tan for a vacation or right before we open our pool to avoid the burning of pure white whale fat.
I don't use the tanning beds much either. I've only used them for prom, our wedding, when I went on a trip to Hawaii and etc. I just spend tons of time outdoors and at the swimming pool in the summer. That gives me a tan.
I do tan from time to time. I bought a 5 session package in November just to get some color. However, I ended up pregnant before I used all five sessions.
Just curious, Heidi, what is your take on it????
I love to tan. I do it more than just before vacations - especially since I never go on any. It is so relaxing that I have fallen asleep in there a time or two. Even if I didn't get tan I'd probably still go just because it's warm and it's time by myself. I also do it to help clear up my skin from time to time.
Oh, I forgot to mention - I love the new blog makeover. It's a great new spring look. I checked out the site but I think I'll wait for a while and just keep trying to tweek mine with font colors and pictures.
i am torn. i know that it is not a completely safe thing to do, but no sun exposure is 'good' for you. too much caffeine isn't good for me either...but as of yet, i'm unable to give it up.
but i must say that tan fat looks better than white fat. and i do enjoy the few minutes of laying there feeling the warmth of the fake sunshine...
I too use Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer...this stuff is amazing! I used to tan in a booth & outside, but since I'm getting older, I sure don't need help looking older than I am...wrinkles and whatever else could damage my skin. Try Jergens, it’s worth it!!!
I have the Jergens stuff too~ and just tried the new Dove stuff this week(same idea). I like the scent of the Dove even better.
They are way better than they used to be and I don't think they make your skin look orange anymore, either.
I wouldn't mind tanning occasionally in a booth, but slapping on Jergens lotion at night requires no one to watch the kids, and it's cheaper, so that's what I do.
That's what I tell my husband..... tan fat looks better than white fat! I used to do it quite a bit but haven't for the last 3 years. For the longest time I couldn't understand how people could fall asleep in them. Then it FINALLY happened to me. Maybe I'll start using them sometime again, maybe I won't.
But.....I am a sun worshipper. Every chance I get, I'm in the sun working on my tan! And I tan really easy! When I was younger people thought I was Native American because I got so dark. In the summer, the kids and I go to the pool several times a week. That's why I'll probably take this summer off again because I don't want to miss out on that!
you know i love sun, i tend to look too green/olive without it, but the last 4-5 winters I just can't get into tanning. not in a self-righteous way. It's just i see so many girls here in ohio looking so tan in the winter and it just looks out of place. so i tend to go au naturale. sun for summer.
Fortunately, if there is sun out i tend to absorb it okay.
I quit after I got pregnant with Nathan. I heard a statistic saying that you are 50% more likely to get cancer by using a bed. If I planned to increase my risk for cancer I wouldn't have quit smoking.
When Tracy got sick with her blood disorder we thought she had cancer. I couldn't stop thinking that Caymen might not get to know her mom. Being tan wasn't worth the risk for me.
I do agree that tan fat is better than white fat, however, for me the risk of cancer is totally not worth it.
You stole my saying...it is the twins separate at birth thing or great minds think alike one of the two. "Tan fat is better than white fat". Although I go with the latter due to time and money.
I like Amanda's question...post that one next.
I could not see the pic. either.
I've decided I'm fine with being shockingly white. I'll figure I'll just have great skin when I'm 60.
if you want your cleavage to look beautiful when you're 40, don't do it.
otherwise you'll look like a wrinkled up brown lunch bag.
wasn't that a nice visual? :0)
Post a Comment