Monday, March 26, 2007

It's the little things...

I was a few minutes early picking Nicholas up from school on Friday. As I stood by the door I heard notes being played out on the piano by his teacher. As I leaned closer to the door I heard the soft, high pitched voices of kindergartners singing these words...

"Were you there when they crucified my Lord? Were you there when they crucified my Lord? Oh ohhh ohh ohh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble. Were you there when they crucified my Lord?"

My eyes watered up and a single tear ran down my cheek. Partially because of the beauty and innocence of what I'd just heard, but also out of extreme gratefulness for the school that my kids attend. It just doesn't get any better than that.

14 comments:

michelle said...

Precious!

I agree with you one of my biggest fears about moving overseas was schooling for my kids. Although I hold a teaching certificate I just don't feel I am a homeschool mom.

We ended up with a wonderful school with a great Christian ethos. I couldn't believe it but then again that is our God taking care of us and our little ones.

Anonymous said...

If only we would occasionally ponder what He did for us like those little children would we then be able to carry our crosses and work with Him to renew the face of the earth.

Anonymous said...

No, it doesn't get any better than that! :) You ARE very lucky!

~ Amy ~ said...

If it melted your heart, imagine how God felt hearing them sing. What a tender moment!

Teresa said...

Awesome! I love to hear little kids singing praises to the Lord. As soon as we get in the car Hunter and Brylie shout "turn on the worship music!" They love it and it melts my heart. What a great country we live in that our kids can worship freely.

Amber said...

Off the subject:
LOVE the new disclaimer! Too funny!

Just Mom said...

That is a very powerful song. I sang a different version with three other ladies last year during Holy Week, and again during our concert Friday night.

Another one that brings tears to my eyes (and there are lots of songs) is "Because of Jesus," yesterday's preparation hymn. I first heard it sung by the school children last year or two years ago. As we were singing it yesterday, I could almost hear the Laudate Choir sing with their angelic voices.

Susan said...

Tender moments to remember, foth for you and your child.

Lori said...

I too love it when little kids sing praise and worship music.
It melts my heart too.

Amanda said...

So true - Alex's choir group sang Amazing Grace last year and even though I've heard the song over a million times, I was in complete tears by the end of the song because of their little voices.

Grace said...

I know how you feel...My oldest son comes home from Mother's Day Out (a one day a week program) and will sing songs about God all the time. He's actually taught my youngest son the songs, too. I'm so happy he learns about God at "school", too. It brings joy to my heart every time he sings...

Anna said...

Those simple beautiful life moments are all I need to keep me going through the tough ones.

Mrs. Breum said...

Wow- what a great post. I used to teach in a Christian school (before kids) and one of the things I loved was being able to sing about Jesus and pray with the kids every day.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Your family is beautiful, by the way!

Dawnelle

Anonymous said...

I really feared what would happen when our kids didn't go to a Christian school anymore as far as this aspect. God provided us with a wonderful school system where we were able to still sing Christian songs..still to this day! We have a great community and are very blessed. I used to direct a children's choir and there is nothing that compares to kids singing from their hearts.